top of page

Gruppe

Öffentlich·62 Mitglieder
Ezra Reyes
Ezra Reyes

A Tale Of Two Guns ((TOP))

Kate Linebaugh: Welcome to The Journal, our show about money, business and power. I'm Kate Linebaugh. It's Wednesday, June 1st. Coming up on the show, a tale of two Top Guns.Over the past 20 years, moviegoing in China has exploded, so much so that the country's box office now rivals that of the U.S.

A Tale of Two Guns

Fortunately, there are masters of the art of designing and making big wave guns. These guys have had all the feedback necessary to get designs honed to near perfection, so that riders can have full confidence in the equipment as they throw themselves over the ledge on 40- to 50-foot waves.

My brother Greg has been getting all his equipment from Chris for years now, and has ridden as many big waves as anybody in the world over the past decade. A slew of the most talented guys in the world like Mark Healey and Ian Walsh trust Chris for boards in their quivers too.

By World War I, the batteries at Forts Morgan and Gaines were again obsolete. The guns remained manned by coast artillery units, and both forts served as training bases. The Army deactivated the two posts by 1923.

Fort Morgan State Historic Site, a National Historic Landmark, is now administered by the Alabama Historical Commission. It has been ranked among the finest examples of masonry star fort architecture of the nineteenth century. Somewhat like a geological fault, the red brick of the original fort bears concrete intrusions from the 1899-1900 batteries. Icicles of salt stalactites slide down the high-arched ceilings and walls of the casemates. The powder magazines retain the davits used to hoist ammunition to the gun crews above. Two 24-pounder Civil War flank defense howitzers were returned to Fort Morgan in 2001 and remounted after an absence of nearly 100 years. The two guns had been part of a Civil War monument in Cincinnati, Ohio. Wildflowers have rooted in the cracks of the concrete batteries.

To investigate the associations among handgun regulations, assault and other crimes, and homicide, we studied robberies, burglaries, assaults, and homicides in Seattle, Washington, and Vancouver, British Columbia, from 1980 through 1986. Although similar to Seattle in many ways, Vancouver has adopted a more restrictive approach to the regulation of handguns. During the study period, both cities had similar rates of burglary and robbery. In Seattle, the annual rate of assault was modestly higher than that in Vancouver (simple assault: relative risk, 1.18; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.15 to 1.20; aggravated assault: relative risk, 1.16; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.12 to 1.19). However, the rate of assaults involving firearms was seven times higher in Seattle than in Vancouver. Despite similar overall rates of criminal activity and assault, the relative risk of death from homicide, adjusted for age and sex, was significantly higher in Seattle than in Vancouver (relative risk, 1.63; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.28 to 2.08). Virtually all of this excess risk was explained by a 4.8-fold higher risk of being murdered with a handgun in Seattle as compared with Vancouver. Rates of homicide by means other than guns were not substantially different in the two study communities. We conclude that restricting access to handguns may reduce the rate of homicide in a community.

Goddard test-fired the Thompson guns, then used his emerging method to closely examine the ejector marks and etchings on the bullet casings to the same markings on the casings found at the massacre site.

In the lawless West, The Cowboys, a notorious brotherhood of killers and thieves, reigned over the land with brutal fists and fast guns. Fate had finally caught up with them and now the merciless gang has but a single surviving member. When a deputized gunslinger takes up the call to hunt down the last Cowboy, the chase is on and the bullets fly, and only one of these hardened men can survive.

Simple western tale with lots of gunfights and leading up to the big, final one. It will be between Artemis Hollanger (Ed Morrone) a recently deputised Marshal and Abel McCloskey (Casper van Dien), a renowned gunfighter. Terrence McTeague (Tom Berenger) had a showdown with McCloskey and his brothers, but Abel got away. Artemis is to bring him in, armed only with his rifle. A talky, star-studded film, where those same stars are, shall we say, past their best. Jeff Fahry and Danny Trejo also appear, and make for a professional, good looking story when the west was almost ready for civilisation.

Very disappointing. Doesn't feel like a western, it feels like a youtube red movie. The audio, dialogue, and line delivery are just bad. The fight scenes feel empty, like they're shooting bb guns. Most of the music starts and ends abruptly raising tension and releasing it at random.

Both handguns shape up quite nicely in terms of size and weight. The DAO model has an overall length of 216mm compared with 224 for the blowback, with the 9x19mm Parabellum version measuring 222mm with a standard barrel. The DAO weighs 820g, with the slightly more porky blowback coming in at 855g, while the original was a little heavier still at 871g.

I took turns shooting one Luger, then the other, so the test conditions on a humid, still day were consistent for both guns, continuing to reload and shoot until gas pressure became too low to deliver accurate groups. I began the test at six yards.

Being double-action only, trigger-pull was a weighty 8lb 9oz with the DAO, while the blowback was a featherweight 4lb 10z. The sights on both guns are open and non-adjustable, with a V-notch at the rear. Despite the heavy trigger, I was able to achieve 10-shot groups measuring 5cm centre-to-centre with the DAO, while the blowback shot looser 6cm groups.

Back at 10 yards, group size opened up to an average 8cm for the DAO, and again a slightly larger average of 9cm for the blowback. I carried on shooting both guns at both ranges. Shot count was, as expected, far higher on the DAO, with this gun delivering around 50 good shots compared with around 30 for the blowback.

Because the grip frames and grip panels are the same, the pistols have the same feel in the hand except of weight and size difference. Moreover, sights on the two guns are similar but not identical and the rear sight is supposedly capable of being moved laterally after loosening a small screw. The Pro Carry II has the three dot arrangement whereas the Stainless II has a black post and rear sight with a black blade, but without white dots. Both of the guns shoot very close to the point of aim at 25 yards so I have not moved the rear sights.

As near as I can tell, the Pro Carry II and Stainless II have trigger action that is identical. Initially, the full size Stainless II was very stiff and had a heavy trigger pull, but it has lightened as the pistol has been used. Both guns have very crisp let off, but these are not target pistols and trigger action is certainly better than just acceptable.

A typical load for the .45 Auto features a 230 grain bullet at approximately 870 ft/sec to give an energy of approximately 370 ft lbs. This is not a load to flatten a grizzly or a cape buffalo, but is adequate for most purposes. Ammunition today makes use of numerous improved bullet styles that make handguns more effective than they were half a century ago. In the .45 Auto, many newer loads utilize bullets of 185 grains that are given a velocity of approximately 1000 ft/sec. Two of my favorites are the Winchester Silvertip and the Hornady Critical Defense. Both loads deliver advertised velocity from a 5 inch barrel and the bullets expand reliably. From a 4 inch barrel, the velocity is slightly lower, approximately 950 ft/sec, which is sufficient to assure good expansion.

With both of the Kimbers, I can usually get about 2 inch groups at 25 yards when shooting from a rest. They will last as long as I will be shooting handguns. I may look longingly at another handgun, but the Kimbers will make getting another unnecessary. However, Kimber produces a kit to convert either model to a .22 rimfire, but that is another story.

Although these two cannons were paired for most of their existence, their current separation gives more people the chance to know the tale of these two cannons. You can visit these storied, much-travelled 260-year old cannons at two national historical parks: "The Adams" is in the Bunker Hill Lodge of the Boston National Historical Park and "The Hancock" is housed at the North Bridge Visitor Center of the Minute Man National Historical Park. 041b061a72

Info

Willkommen in der Gruppe! Hier können Sie sich mit anderen M...

Mitglieder

• Faiz Alakrah
  • Maude Madhavan
    Maude Madhavan
  • Goyo Dinielli
    Goyo Dinielli
  • Adhavi Joshi
    Adhavi Joshi
  • alexshow hochzeitsagentur
    alexshow hochzeitsagentur
Gruppenseite: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page